Domestic Assistans needed
Permanent, Full/Part time
Working Style: Fixed-base worker
The Domestic Assistant contributes to the maintenance of laundry, kitchens, toys and family rooms within family centres to ensure cleanliness and high standards of food hygiene for young people and their families.
Utilising skills and experience in effective laundry management to maintain cleanliness in family rooms, together with some kitchen experience will be an important element in undertaking this role.
• Ensure family visiting rooms remain tidy and clean throughout shift, to ensure environment is welcoming to both children and their families and other visitors.
• Responsible for ensuring all laundry duties are undertaken efficiently and in a timely way.
• Contribute to kitchen efficiency by utilising equipment to ensure cleanliness of kitchen tools, crockery and pans are maintained to a high standard on a regular basis.
• Undertakes kitchen and dining room duties which may incorporate basic food preparation to ensure hygiene and cleanliness maintained.
• To undertake the full range of cleaning tasks, including toilets, the cleaning of Window’s, polishing etc, including periodic special and spring cleaning paying special attention to and sterilising equipment regularly used by babies/children including soft play.
• Ensure replenishment of hand towels, toilet rolls, soap etc throughout the building.
• To monitor supplies of cleaning materials and notify the manager when stock needs ordering.
• To be responsible for the loading and unloading of the dishwashers.
• Have specific individual and shared targets and objectives as defined annually within the performance management framework.
• Have a role in monitoring health and safety in the workplace
• To work in line with the Clients work Guidelines and policies
• To work in line with Safeguarding Procedures, ensuring concerns are reported correctly.
• To attend meetings/Supervision as required. • Any other duties compatible with the post held, which may be reasonably required from time to time.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Educated to RQF level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent by experience.
• Evidence of Health and Safety experience and any relevant qualifications and evidence of training incorporating moving and handling of objects.
• Evidence of a First Aid qualification, training and experience.
• Knowledge and experience of basic food hygiene.
• High standards of cleanliness.
• Understanding of working in a setting for young people who are receiving a period of residential care.
• Ability and experience of working on own initiative and a flexible attitude.
• Friendly demeanour, empathetic towards others.
For more information please To read more about us please